Conditions of admission (Covid 19)
Current regulations for a visit to our forest climbing parks:
Here you will find our general admission conditions
(Attention! Due to the pandemic, it is imperative that you follow the adapted rules below!)
Children’s course from 105 cm height (due to the pandemic currently 110 cm) (age recommendation from 4 years)
Adventure course from 140 cm height (age recommendation from 9 years)
Under 6 years: Accompaniment on the course necessary. Supervision ratio 1:2
From 6 years (school age): climbing alone possible. One adult can take care of 10 children. On the ground is enough.
Under 14s: one adult can look after 10 children. On the ground is enough.
from 14 years: the climbing park may be visited completely alone.
Current Covid Special Rules:
- (please scroll down for our FAQs / frequently asked questions, which will be extended bit by bit)
- The number of guests is strictly regulated. Only guests with a pre-booking will be granted access! (Click here for online booking) You can book up to 1h in advance; the booking is free and can be cancelled at any time (by phone or mail).
- General contact restrictions apply in the climbing park. Otherwise, the minimum distance of 1.50 m must always be observed.
- Children’s course: Children may only climb from 110 cm! Otherwise, the normal conditions on the children’s course apply again. From the age of 6, an escort on the ground is sufficient. One adult can supervise up to 10 children.
- Adventure course: Children up to and including 11 years of age must be accompanied in the course, an accompanying person (minimum age 14 and safe feeling in the course) may accompany up to 2 children (special rules for school classes please enquire by telephone). From the age of 14, as usual, our parks may be visited completely independently. For 12 and 13 year old climbers, an adult escort on the ground is sufficient.
- All guests on our premises undertake to comply with the generally applicable measures for the protection against infection (contact restrictions, minimum distance, sneezing etiquette, do not touch your face, etc).
Additionally in Bad Neuenahr:
- For climbers with a body weight under 60 kg the use of the mega cable car is prohibited!
Additionally in Velbert-Langenberg:
- Masks are compulsory on the entire square in front of the Bismarck Tower (climbing park reception, gastronomy, picnic tables, toilet building). Only children under the age of 6 are excluded. Visitors are allowed to remove the mask when they leave the site, in the forest, at the mini-golf and at the beer garden tables. If necessary, you can buy cheap disposable masks from us.
Currently, our Corona registration form must be completed per household in addition to the registration form. If you click here, you can already download the sheet.
You can find our normal registration forms here: www.wald-abenteuer.de/downloads
Here's a nice overview of current park operations in Corona times (RTL West, 6pm).
Frequently Asked Questions:
On the ground and in the climbing courses, the generally applicable contact restrictions apply, as everywhere else. However, people who have to keep the minimum distance from each other can still book the same start date in the climbing park. All you have to do is keep a minimum distance of 1.50m from each other at all times. We have taken every precaution to ensure that this is possible. However, we rely on the cooperation of our visitors and guests to ensure that this is always adhered to.
Please also note that wearing mouth and nose protection does not remove the minimum distance and contact restrictions ! These always remain valid, whether with or without protection.
Details and the always current version of the contact restrictions can be found here for the park Velbert (NRW) and here for the parks Bad Neuenahr and Leiwen (Rheinland Pfalz).
In the forest and in the courses you usually do not have to wear a mask. However, visitors should wear a mask always be ready to hand to protect yourself and others in case you get into a situation where you cannot keep the minimum distance for a short time, e.g. to go to the toilet or if a guide comes by in the course to help another guest.
The affected guest should also wear mouth and nose protection during a height rescue. Our guides carry masks just in case.
Attention! Additionally in Velbert-Langenberg Attention!:
Masks are compulsory on the entire square in front of the Bismarck Tower (climbing park reception, gastronomy, picnic tables, toilet building). Only children under the age of 6 are excluded. Visitors are allowed to remove the mask when they leave the site, in the forest, at the mini-golf and at the beer garden tables. If necessary, you can buy cheap disposable masks from us.
Gloves are not mandatory, we have several points in the forest where you can disinfect your hands. Please be careful not to touch your face.
Normally kids are allowed to climb from 105 cm height. Currently we have to increase the minimum size due to the pandemic. Children from 110 cm are welcome to climb with us. They must be accompanied on the course by an adult if the child is still under 6 years old. From 6 years old (school age) can climb alone on the children’s course, an escort on the ground is sufficient.
Why is access for children under 110 cm currently not possible, why do children up to 11 have to be accompanied in the adventure course ?
It is about avoiding congestion in the course (where the minimum distance cannot be safely granted) and protecting our employees. Younger/smaller children, in our experience, require a higher intensity of care than older ones, and require contact more often. In addition, preschoolers are more likely to cause congestion in the course, which is normally tolerated, but in today’s world is a violation of contact restrictions and therefore an increased risk of infection. Therefore, guests under 110 cm are currently not allowed to climb; children under 12 years of age on the adventure course climb accompanied, only after 12 years of age are they allowed to climb alone as usual. For children up to the age of 11, we expect the accompanying person to participate actively and with foresight so that the child observes the rules, especially the minimum distance.
Please call for special rules for school classes!
Yes, we love to host school groups. You are welcome to plan your class trip with us already.
The date can be cancelled at short notice, depending on whether the excursion is possible or not.
The same rules apply in the park as in the school, but in addition our admission conditions must be observed.
Classes from year 6 onwards are currently allowed to climb on our adventure course. For 5th graders, the escort requirement is currently still in effect.
Yeah, I’d love to. Please only observe the above accompanying rules!
We can only offer the “birthday carefree package” when the outdoor gastronomy is allowed to reopen. Treasure hunts are no problem and can be carried out.
No! Currently no celebrations are possible. You are of course welcome to secure dates already!
Unfortunately, we are not able to make any statement at the moment. However, we anticipate that from May onwards there will be further relaxation and we will be able to hold team events.
We are happy to plan your event already. Cancellation is always possible.
More info: www.wald-abenteuer.de/eventprogramme
Of course. We then have to divide your group into two briefings and you must absolutely adhere to the distance regulations. The best thing to do is to send us an email: email@example.com
We would like to open in Velbert-Langenberg and Bad Neuenahr on 20 March.
Leiwen will open when Landal Park Sonnenberg is open again.
We cannot make a definitive statement at this time.
Be sure to check out our hours page or follow us on social media.
We are, of course, aware of the social debate about the speed and framework of the easing measures. We do not want to and cannot take a position in this debate. We can only adhere to the official guidelines, a different line would not be justifiable under many aspects.