General terms and conditions of business
- Using the forest climbing park is a sporting activity that involves risks. The use is at your own risk and responsibility. The operator is not liable for accidents that occur as a result of non-observance of the safety rules. The disregard of the safety rules can lead to serious accidents.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit. If in doubt, we advise you to first inspect the system from the ground and ask your doctor if necessary. Pregnant women are unfortunately excluded from participation. Persons suffering from back problems or joint weaknesses are advised not to use the Giant Cable Car. For the children’s courses the minimum height is 105 cm (age recommendation: min. 4 years); for the adventure courses 140 cm (age recommendation: min. 9 years). Children under 6 must be accompanied by an adult. In general, the maximum weight is 130 kg, but 100 kg on the Giant Cable Car and the Banana Jump. Persons under the influence of alcohol or other substances that impair cognitive or motor skills may not participate. Participants must always be part of a group (min. 2 persons).
- Before entering the facility, all participants receive a detailed briefing. According to this, the principle of securing on one’s own responsibility applies: the use of the activities takes place without professional supervision.
Minors may only climb with the consent of a parent or guardian. Participants under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult responsible for their safety (max. 10 minors per adult). The escort can be from the ground. This person must have the appropriate permission from a parent or guardian of the minor. The operator is only liable for accidents caused by faults in the safety equipment or in the installation.
- Participants must wear suitable clothing (closed shoes, no protruding items of clothing such as scarves, ribbons, etc.). No participation under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Do not take any objects with you that could be dangerous when climbing (e.g. by falling). Jewelry (including piercings) poses a risk of injury. The operator strongly advises you to remove any jewelry. Anyone who nevertheless climbs with jewelry does so at their own risk; the operator accepts no liability. Long hair must be tied back. The operator provides hair ties for this purpose. Objects that could fall off (e.g. mobile phones, cameras, bags, etc.) may not be carried. In the forest and as long as climbing harnesses are worn, smoking is absolutely prohibited. Respectful treatment of other participants, of nature and of the site.
- The operator provides the participants with personal protective equipment (PPE) that is adapted to the plant. No other equipment may be used. The PPE is only put on and taken off with the help of the staff, never by the participant alone. Participants must not be unsecured at any time while using the equipment!
- On one element (exercise between platforms, climbing element or zip line) one person, where one adult person may accompany one child on one element. Before the departure of a cable car, always check that the landing area is clear. Before each course and each element, the degree of difficulty must be taken into account in view of personal ability and form (colour coding).
- Instructions of the staff must be followed at all times. In the event of violations, the staff may expel participants from the facility without entitling them to a refund of the admission fee. Any accident must be reported immediately to the staff and an accident report completed.
- In the event of bad weather or for other safety-related reasons, the operator reserves the right to close or evacuate the facility. In such cases, participants who have been able to use the facility for less than 2 hours from the time of instruction will receive a voucher for free admission. In this case, there is no entitlement to a refund of the admission price.
- The entrance fee entitles you to use the facilities in Bad Neuenahr and Velbert-Langenberg for 4 h in the “Adventure” course (Leiwen 3 h). In the “children’s” courses the climbing time is 90 minutes from the briefing. Thereafter, the PPE must be returned at the request of the staff. Be sure to keep your receipt, it is essential for claims and insurance coverage.
Cancellation conditions: An regular opening days no fees are due for no-shows (exception: for groups of 15 or more people, the following cancellation fees apply).For Special openings (i.e. dates on days that are not included in our Opening calendar are marked in yellow) the following cancellation conditions apply: up to 48h before the appointment can be canceled free of charge; for cancellations between 24 and 48 hours before the appointment, a cancellation fee of 50% is due; for cancellations less than 24 hours before the appointment, a fee of 100% is due. This also applies if the number of participants deviates downwards by 15% or more. Team-Events must observe their own cancellation conditions on the booking form.
Conditions of participation and disclaimer for school classes and youth groups
- The use of the forest climbing park is associated with risks.The non-observance of the safety rules can lead to serious accidents.
- I am responsible for the group described above; I have received declarations of consent from the legal guardians or custodians of the underage participants (We do not require these!).
- To my knowledge, none of the participants have pregnancy, cardiac arrhythmia or serious back problems. None of the climbing participants wears a pacemaker. I know that the maximum weight on the lift is 130kg, but only 100kg on the mega cable car in Bad Neuenahr.
- The principle of safety on one’s own responsibility applies on the facility: the use of the activities takes place under supervision, but without constant accompaniment by the staff. Before entering the facility, all participants receive a detailed briefing. Accompanying adults (at least 1 per 20 children) are also briefed by staff and play an active role in supervising the children. The operator is only liable for accidents caused by faults in the safety equipment or in the plant and in the event of gross negligence on the part of his employees.
- Participants must wear appropriate clothing (closed shoes, no protruding garments such as scarf, ribbons, etc.) and secure long hair, jewelry, piercings, rings if necessary. For this purpose, the operator provides hair ties, hair nets and adhesive tape. Objects that could fall off (e.g. mobile phones, cameras, bags, etc.) may not be carried. As long as climbing harnesses are worn, smoking is absolutely forbidden, in the forest in general. Respectful treatment of other participants, of nature and of the site.
- Instructions given by the personnel must be followed without fail, especially those given during the briefing. Any accident must be reported immediately to the staff and an accident report completed.
- The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is only put on and taken off with the help of the staff, never by the participant alone. Participants are not allowed to enter a climbing course until they have attached themselves with both carabiners to the belay line (red marking). Participants must not be unsecured at any time while using the equipment!
- Before the departure of a cable car, always check that the landing area is clear. Before each course and each element, the degree of difficulty must be taken into account in view of personal ability and form (colour coding).
- Vouchers purchased in our voucher shop cannot be redeemed for a school class excursion.